Sunday, March 23, 2008

summer projects

I've been trying to find some light summer projects to do once the heat wave rolls around in about oh.. 2 months from now. I've been saving up my silk for then so I'll have something not so hot on my lap. I'll probably be doing some lace work too then. Which I hate because of the tiny stitches. But the end result is trully worth it. I haven't done any yet, so it will definitly be a learning experince for me. I sould be in bed right now but I slept for about 3 hrs this afternoon and now sleep is impossible. Plus my throat and ears hurt from the pollen. We FInally got our taxes done, so in two weeks I will be less stressed and maybe feeling better. having the money to pay the bills AND get groceries and gas( at $3.20 pg)in my military tank of a car, somehow makes me not as snippy and short. I've noticed that my stress levels and yuckyness somehow magically come together at the same time... how can this be...
I also finally got Girly to watch Princess Bride with me. I've been trying for 5 yrs now. She chased everyone around yelling "Humperdink" for about 30 minutes. Ah yes, finally sucess. Did anyone else notice the cool knit outfit of the miracle man's wife? eccentric yes, but you could definitly make some adjustments to turn it into a wrap... Princess Bride is a sort of rite of passage, much like every boy simply MUST jump off a roof at least once before adulthood( often and usually more than once)Yes it's cheesy, And a bit odd, but it's got something special there. Something movies don't have much of anymore these days. Not to mention the kick ass wardrobe. I never realized just HOW much my dog looked like a ROUS. especially now that he has patchy bald places. But yes I realized the time had come for both she and I to watch PB (for me , agian) when a friend was making references and despite the familiarity niggling at the back of my brain, I could not for the life of me remember WHERE i knew it from. Shameless I know, forgive me. And so For my Dear daughter's sake , and to keep my own life's saftey from the knitting needles of a good friend, We stayed up until 10 pm and had tea and The Princess Bride. I may try and find A nice bit of black cloth to make Physics Guy a mask and cape for fun....He DOES look alot like Wesley.....

No comments: